soundcheck wrote:

> Why don't u still use a consistent color scheme?

It's very consistent. It's a single blue tone with different brightness
levels across the App :)
Actually just three colors but for some elements iOS adds effects.

I've already violated the design rule to never, ever use black
background enough... I know I shouldn't but the NowPlaying screen simply
looks better that way. And since I already had used it I didn't want to
use yet another blue tone for the content area on the main screen.
Maybe one day I'll add some more color options as an IAP, it's
technically already in the App but it's not simple to do all the
different palettes.

The popups having a mid-level color has technical reasons although I'm
not 100% sure they still apply since iOS 7 :)

You need some visual clues on how things are grouped functionally on the
screen.
I know that these days it's "modern" to simply waste half of the screen
space on whitespace to achieve that level of separation and to have deep
menu structures but I'm a very impatient person and there's nothing I
hate more than having to do unnecessary menu drill downs so I wanted a
flat UI.
On the main menu you can change that at will (well, at least you have
some subfolders you can move stuff to, like "My Music", "Extras",
"Radios", "My Apps" and "Settings") and you also can select whether to
permanently show the current playlist or not but the general layout had
to support having a lot of functionality quickly accessible.

When you design a UX you have to have a certain user in mind, you can't
optimize for everybody. If you compromise you get something like Apple
Music which fits nobody...

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*