cgi wrote:
> For some reason my last reply went to moderation, perhaps because I
> replied while you were editing the quote or the TuneIn URL (which I've
> now obfuscated just in case), I don't know.
>
> I remember finding that ffmpeg page when messing around with this
> before. I wonder why I was having issues - I will need to re-visit this!
>
> I also note that http://mediau.yle.fi/liveradiosuomi seems to work, and
> http://mediau.yle.fi/liveradiosuomi256.
>
> I guess I will need to add everything manually to my favourites. It
> looks like originally these came from TuneIn:

Code:
--------------------
  >   > prefs/favorites.opml:    <outline URL="http  :// opml.radiotime. com
/Tune.ashx ?
id=s14844&amp;partnerId=16&amp;serial=a301a2faea843ba41f9b606329d35008"
icon="http : // cdn-radiotime-logos.tunein. com /s14844q.png" text="Yle Radio
Suomi (Helsinki)" type="audio" />

--------------------

> Now what to do... If I change the behavior of the WMA handling then
> any other stations I select via TuneIn are going to break if they're
> using mms! I might have to add some logic to fall back to mplayer if
> mms is in the URL. I could do this in the shell script I pasted a
> snippet from earlier. I will anyway change my favourites to use direct
> Yle URLs not TuneIn, so that I can force 256kbps :).

If it is any help, the direct station URLs listed here:
http://samiliimatainen.com/txt/8/neuvo-yle-suoratoistopolut-radiokanaville
includes 64 and 128kbps HLS (AAC) streams. A 128kbps AAC stream should
be higher quality than a 128kpbs WMA stream - maybe comparable to
256kbps WMA. These play in the PlayHLS plugin or in the BBCiplayer
plugin with the "iplayer://live?hls=" prefix. e.g. Radio Suomi:

"http://yleuni-f.akamaihd.net/i/yleliveradiohd_3@113880/master.m3u8"; or
"iplayer://live?hls=http://yleuni-f.akamaihd.net/i/yleliveradiohd_3@113880/master.m3u8";

Both play ok, but Triode's simplified HLS implementation in the
BBCiPlayer plugin only picks up the first stream in the playlist, which
is 64kbps. A 128kbps stream can be played by finding the URL from .m3u8
playlist (e.g. using curl) and entering that directly. e.g.:
"iplayer://live?hls=http://yleuni-f.akamaihd.net/i/yleliveradiohd_3@113880/index_128_a-p.m3u8?sd=10&rebase=on";