epoch1970 <epoch1970.7dg...@no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com> writes:

> Good!
>
> My Sabrent device running shairplay does not want to sync. You can try
> with itunes if you want to make sure. In itunes I wasn't able to play to
> the local PC speaker and to the shairplay target in sync.
> In this case, I don't think there is any chance an SB will sync
> correctly.

Agreed - I tried it and they were not in sync. But Isn't that why the
delay needs to be set for the player?

> My other airplay devices sync well under itunes, and they sync with my
> SB3s very accurately. Same room, same loudness sources apart > 3m and I
> can't hear a difference.
> You can start with a player audio delay around 350ms, that should put
> you in the ballpark (my various hardware players are set between 270 and
> 400.) For the Sabrent/shairplay device, no value will matter. It starts
> early and wobbles, under itunes or with the bridge.
>
> If you can get the Freebox to sync accurately that would be great news,
> since the feature is indeed based on shairplay.

I gave up for the moment, as it seems my Pogoplug can not handl;e the
AirPlay plugin. I will try some time later from a different LMS
instance.

> 4 SB 3 • Libratone Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • Squeezebox Server
> 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by
> bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon
> Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael
> Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by
> Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin
> Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de
PGP: 0x0F52F982