rkrug wrote:
> > My Sabrent device running shairplay does not want to sync. You can
> try
> > with itunes if you want to make sure. In itunes I wasn't able to play
> > the local PC speaker and to the shairplay target in sync.
> > In this case, I don't think there is any chance an SB will sync
> > correctly.
>
> Agreed - I tried it and they were not in sync. But Isn't that why the
> delay needs to be set for the player?

Sync capability > audio output delay.
In iTunes, the output delay is auto-adjusted (or assumed?), so the only
thing to check is stable sync with the local PC speakers.

Assuming an Airplay device synching well under iTunes: in LMS/Airplay
Bridge, if you don't touch player audio delay, you'll get players
synched accurately but offset by some delay. You need to define this
delay, which is around 350ms. Playing syncopated music helps finding the
right spot.

I repeat: if your device does not sync well under "pure" Airplay, the
delay in LMS settings might help, but the end result won't be perfect.
In my case with the Sabrent device, the delay setting is useless, it
should be set to a negative value of about 1 second... And the device is
not stable enough anyway, it can cut, or go out of wack at the beginning
or end of songs. Not good with iTunes, and globally worse with Airplay
Bridge.

4 SB 3 • Libratone Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • Squeezebox Server
7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by
bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon
Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael
Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by
Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin
Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.