piert wrote:
> Hi Philippe, first observations are in:
>
> I installed yesterday and immediately afterwards, the HomeGroup 'virtual
> CCA' was listed, but the 'physical CCA's' were both missing. Physical
> Squeezebox classics were listed (as always). I did not mind the lack of
> listing of the Physical CCA's since I use the HomeGroup exclusively, as
> it is a combination of the physical and synchronized CCA's.
>
> First observation this morning when, as always, my always on PC tries to
> fire up internet radio by issuing the http command to LMS that instructs
> the HomeGroup to start playing internet radio.
> Unfortunately, nothing happened. I opened Ipeng on the Iphone and saw
> that the HomeGroup had gone missing. Now, only the Living Room CCA was
> listed. Both the HomeGroup and the Kitchen CCA were missing. I also
> noticed that, when reissuing the 'morning start up internet radio
> command',  the physical Squeezebox Classic in my office powered on
> instead of the (missing) HomeGroup.
>
> Then I fired up Spotify on my Iphone. I saw that both physical CCA's and
> the virtual HomeGroup CCA were available for casting. So, I did a
> Chromecast to HomeGroup and sure enough, the request did start playing.
>
> Stopped casting and re-checked Ipeng; still no change and HomeGroup not
> listed.
>
> I will erase and re-create the config in your plugin and see how it
> goes. Will keep you posted.

That's strange - did you erase the config file prior to the test? It's
important do to so otherwise the "virtual" players will continue using
wrong mac addresses as, once they are set, they are stored in the config
file and re-used. So if there was a mix-up, it will remain even after a
restart.

But having the Classic starting instead of the CCA is more than weird as
the MAC addresses I'm usinc are either the last 4 digitds of the real
CCA MAC, or a created one that is unique from their UniqueID - it can't
be, just by chance, the same MAC as the Classic ... odds are totally
against that (1/2^32).

Other than that, best is that you erase the log file, have the basic
debugging running (set "none" for extra debugging), restart and wait
till an issue happens and then send me the log, it will be a good base
with that version. But please, erase the log and the config file before
taking a fresh log

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2