23.09.2009 09:59, Paolo Lucente пишет:
> Hi Slava,
>
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:42:37PM +0300, Slava Dubrovskiy wrote:
>

>> I wish to count only traffic from/to local IP. I.e. that in base were
>> only my local IP.
>> For this purpose I specify my local IP in networks_file and I aggregate
>> by src_host, dst_host.
>>
>> I don't wish to store not local IP since then the base will be very big.
>>
>> Thus there are some networks (ua-list.txt) the traffic with which I need
>> to count separately.
>> So I make:
>>
>> aggregate[hourly]: src_host, dst_host
>> aggregate[hourly_ua]: src_host, dst_host
>> aggregate_filter[hourly_ua]: net 173.194.0.0/24 188.163.0.0/24
>> 193.0.227.0/24
>> plugins: mysql[hourly], mysql[hourly_ua]
>> sql_table[hourly]: acct_base
>> sql_table[hourly_ua]: acct_base_ua
>> networks_file: /etc/pmacct/networks.list
>>
>> But how can I separate traffic from/to UA-IX?
>> I can use aggregate_filter for this.  And it work fine.
>>
>> But networks list is very big :( And I can't add full list to
>> aggregate_filter.
>>
> OK: accounting for local IP addresses traffic and UA-IX networks
> is two different things - no traffic matrix required. Hence, i
> would propose you to change your config as follows:
>
> aggregate[hourly]: src_host, dst_host
> aggregate[hourly_ua]: src_host, dst_host
> plugins: mysql[hourly], mysql[hourly_ua]
> sql_table[hourly]: acct_base
> sql_table[hourly_ua]: acct_base_ua
> networks_file[hourly]: /etc/pmacct/networks-local.list
> networks_file[hourly_ua]: /etc/pmacct/networks-ua-ix.list
>
> The effect will be that the "hourly_ua" plugin will give you
> a breakdown of the traffic at the UA-IX, plus you will find a
> "catch all" entry every hour, ie. ip_src = 0, ip_dst = 0,
> which is the hourly sum of all the traffic between your local
> IP addresses and networks besides UA-IX.

Many thanks for the answer.
But in that case to a database will get all IP that are specified in
/etc/pmacct/networks-ua-ix.list. Namely it also is to be avoided.
And then to me it is not necessary [hourly] since local IP enter UA-IX

But I think it the best variant that it is possible to make.

> I did explain advantages of usin a networks_file rather than an
> aggregate_filter in this scenario in a previous email (reloadable
> at runtime and more efficient on long list of IP). Makes sense?

Yes, but to have the same mechanism for filtering it would be very good.

--
WBR,
Dubrovskiy Vyacheslav