Hi Slava,

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 05:45:13PM +0300, Slava Dubrovskiy wrote:

> Yes. We use NetFlow v9 from Junuper m7i and NetFlow v5 from ipcad.
> And we use vlan, but it's not necessary count it.
> What do you mean about "need to refine the filter" ?

I would conclude that is not the case then: the m7i AFAIK is
not able to encapsulate L2 info within NetFlow v9 and NetFlow
v5 doesn't support L2 primitives at all.

What i meant by refine the filter is that if NetFlow v9 is
encoding VLAN tags or MPLS labels you have to reflect this
into the filter. Writing a filter as "net X/24" would not
match a VLAN-tagged packet; in such a case you would need
a filter like: "vlan and net X/24" (match flows in any VLAN,
from/to X/24).

Bottom line: filters in pmacct with a-la tcpdump syntax are
BPF programs and obey to the libpcap "rules" - like tcpdump
does. You should be able to gather relevant info from the
local tcpdump man page; otherwise you can just follow this
link "http://linux.die.net/man/8/tcpdump"; and look for the
words "vlan" or "mpls".