Hi Sergio,

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:23:35AM -0300, Sergio Charpinel Jr. wrote:

> Does anyone know what this mean? I getting a lot of them in pmacctd.log
> Expiring orphan fragment: ip_src=210.197.202.84 ip_dst=200.137.66.1 proto=17
> id=8885

It means some IP fragments have been staying too long into the pmacctd
fragment handler waiting for the missing pieces to come. If not in huge
amounts, this can be sympthom of white noise on the public internet
(scans, attacks, etc.).

> Regarding the topic, when using dynamic tables with postgreSQL, How can I
> verify if a table already exists before trying to create them, to avoid a
> lot of 'Table already exists' messages in nfacctd.log with dynamic table?

I'm not sure there is something already cooked to circumvent that. It
should be possible though with a few lines of PL/PGSQL, ie.:

IF EXISTS (SELECT relname FROM pg_class WHERE relname='<table>')
THEN
ELSE
ENDIF

The simplest way should be to get the table name as parameter and embed
the actual SQL table schema within the function declaration.