Hi Paolo,
Yes, I use pfring. It is both traffic rate and classification which cause the
CPU to go to 100%. If I do not use any classifiers, CPU is around 40%, then,
when I enable the classifier, CPU goes above 95%. The classifier is a shared
library which tries to match a series of bytes in the packet payload, basically
searches for a hostname in the packet payload (I am interested in HTTP traffic).
Thanks,Stathis