From: LINS Wolfgang
Sent: Sonntag, 18. November 2018 23:17
To: 'pmacct-discussion@pmacct.net' <pmacct-discussion@pmacct.net>
Subject: networks_file and nfacctd and mySQL - how to get the labels populated?

Dear pmacct community,

I try to use the networks_file to match well-known IP subnets with subnet names
via the networks_file.
I had hoped that this would help to identify "belonging" subnetworks, however
to me it looks like the matches do not really make much...
I can see that src_mask and dst_mask aggregators in a way match (the sql
columns mask_src and mask_dst are filled with e.g. 21)

My networks file is minimal:

! <Network>'/'<numeric mask> examples
10.24.0.0/20
10.24.176.0/21
10.24.112.0/21
! <label>','<Network>'/'<numeric mask> examples
NW_V1RF,,,10.24.0.0/20
NW_V1MO,,,10.24.112.0/21
NW_V1SV,,,10.24.176.0/21

I got a global network_file statement plus another one (same file) for the
mysql plugin.

When I write tag, tag2 and label to the SQL I always only get 0,0,"" in there...

How should that work?

(btw: :I have built pmacct with the --enable-plabel flag now, did not change
anything)

What directives / aggregators would I need to see the network file matches?
Best regards

Wolfgang