Hi Grimur,

The issue you did hit was solved last December and will be part of
upcoming release 1.7.3:

https://github.com/pmacct/pmacct/commit/56c498e60043c868131d64404f3c3a8f338ea406

Until the release will be available, you could use 1.7.3-rc2 or master
GitHub code. It is currently left to you to implement a recovery
mechanism in case of crashes - consider spawning pmacct daemons off of
a systemd service would do plenty of the work for you in this sense,
ie. checking (sub-)processes liveliness and restarting the daemon if
negative.

Paolo