Shawn H Corey <shawnhco...@gmail.com> writes:

> I think it should be an option. Sometimes it is necessary to know that a
> change in appearance is caused by changes to a module and not to the
> generating document.

Do we need to explicitly state that it's an option, or would removing the
requirement to always do it still be okay?  The way I was thinking of it
is that what formatters put into comments is generally up to them; by
default, they *can* include anything they want.  Removing the requirement
thus just leaves the decision unconstrained.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -- Russ Allbery, Just Another Perl Hacker
$^=q;@!>~|{>krw>yn{u<$$<[~||<Juukn{=,<S~|}<Jwx}qn{<Yn{u<Qjltn{ > 0gFzD gD,