Hello Dominik, hello all,
> On 26 January 2018 at 23:35 Matthew Brincke <ma...@mailbox.org> wrote:
>

> [ Left Dominik in To to help him follow this thread, fixed text typos ]
>
> Hello Dominik, hello all,
>
> > Dominik Seichter via Podofo-users has written on 26 January 2018 at 17:37:
> > Hi Mattia,
> >
> > Thanks for the good summary! Let me comment on the open issues.
> >
> > Unfixed security issues:
... snip ...

> > Plus this one without CVE that was reported in this ML:
> > https://blogs.gentoo.org/ago/2017/02/01/podofo-null-pointer-dereference-in-pdfinfoguessformat-pdfinfo-cpp/
>
> This is *not* fixed yet. I also don't understand why it didn't get
> a CVE entry.

I erred here, I think, AFAICS it did get fixed in svn r1836 on 7 April 2017:
https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/code/1836/

The problem is that the commit message of that is incorrect (doesn't have
anything to do with the change): "Fix for CVE-2017-5854" which was only
fixed (AFAICS, untested) in svn r1870 on 21 January 2018 not mentioning it:
https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/code/1870/
Neither does it mention CVE-2018-5308 which is the same bug (AFAICS of course).
Fortunately this is fixed in Debian (I don't know about other distros, I don't
use them): https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2018-5308
A related bug mentioned there was fixed in svn r1876.

@Mattia Rizzolo: Suggested action(s) to take: Correct the Debian security
tracker to say "vulnerable (no DSA)" instead of "fixed" in Debian stretch
(CVE-2017-5854). Fix the non-CVE'd bug too (in unstable, I'd think).

> > (CVE-2017-8054 had a tentative patch)
> > -> Seems same as above and seems fixed.
>
> The CVE, yes, contrary to the other one without a CVE entry.

My error, I'm sorry (the latter is fixed upstream, just not in Debian, I
don't know about other distributions).

> > Best regards,
> >  Dominik
> >

> Best regards, mabri