On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 08:17:31AM +0200, Dominik Seichter via Podofo-users
wrote:
> I tagged the podofo-0.9.6 release already and also provided the tarball on
> sourceforge. There was no official announcement though, yet.

Right, and I already stumbled on the first issue (that wasn't in the
rc1): https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/mailman/message/36363656/ :)

> I still think we should release 0.9.6, as the status of 0.9.6 is not worse
> than 0.9.5 (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG HERE!).
> Nontheless, we should concentrate on fixing CVEs in a follow-up release. If
> fixes are ready, I can provide another relase 0.9.7 in short time.

I agree.  I mean, it's a pity that there are known security
vulnerability, but at this point several months (year+ really) passed
and continue cherry-picking is not so great after a while.
Not to mention, I fear the CVEs are going to keep coming...

> On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 3:16 PM, Matthew Brincke <ma...@mailbox.org> wrote:
> > firstly I apologize (especially in case the delay in reaction
> > on my part is the reason PoDoFo 0.9.6 was released with CVEs
> > unfixed, for some of them see below in the original message)
> > for having been busy with another project and not squeezing
> > this in-between,

I don't think you should apologize for any of this.

> > I also was unsure about you (Mattia) possibly being on vacation.

Alas, I'm not able to go on vacation long enough for anybody to noticeā€¦
:(

> > (in the Debian changelog they had been
> > mistakenly declared as fixed, and I didn't dare to send a 2nd
> > e-mail or a bug report: I now fear this was wrong of me, so I
> > apologize).

Apart from the situation in wheezy (which can't be changed anymore), I
believe everything is fine now - at least in debian's git (pending the
fix for the thing above).  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :