> Perhaps I'm too sentimental but I prefer names that are pronounceable.

POEx is pretty pronounceable: POE-ex

> POEx

I like the brevity of this.  my issue however, is that the implication is
that modules in that namespace are extensions... and I don't perceive
components as extensions... an extension is more or less an afterthough:
uh... we didn't think of this so let's extend the framework, whereas a
component is an integral part of a system, which I believe is more closely
aligned with the function of POE components.

I also don't like PoCo, even though it's easy to say and writes nicely,
because I think everything POE related should be under that namespace.

perhaps a better suggestion would be to create special namespaces for
internal stuff e.g. POE::Kernel and let everything else just hang off of POE

e.g.

POE::Player::Mp3
POE::Client::IRC
POE::Server::HTTP