Ryan, I am too eager to see your code...(writing part).  But since i cant
afford to wait...I am trying to do somthing myself.
I will deeply appreciate if you can suggest some ways to go about.

Some doubts:
           In our word reading code you are creating the different
datastructures from mainstream (FIB) and tableStream( textPieces, FKP's
etc..).
I was planning to track all TextPieces generated & replace them with new
data.

Suppose, sayI want to encode all text characters of the read Stream(from
existing doc file) by increasing their ASCII values by 2.
How can I do that? what all DtaStructures I need to edit like..TextPieces,
Papx,Chpx...??
                         I am not able to understand the Word Documentation
properly till now...
so please help

Thanks & Regards
Praveen

Praveen Mathew
IBM Software Labs,Airport Road,
Bangalore - 560 017,India.
Ph : +91- 80 - 504 4609 (Direct)
       +91 - 80 - 5262355 Extn: 3609
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      "Ryan Ackley"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "POI Developers List"

                      om>                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                               cc:

                      06/02/03 04:14 PM        Subject:  HDF status

                      Please respond to

                      "POI Developers

                      List"

I just wanted to keep everyone up to date, I wasn't able to finish adding
the writing component of HDF this past weekend. I worked on it all weekend
but there just isn't enough time in the day. The good news is that progress
is being made.

Ryan