-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Article: NSW considers limits on govt website Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:20:02 +1000 From: Red Wolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: Declan McCullagh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Never mind that the supposed terrorism target is just another propaganda
campaign from the PM to scare people into voting for him, just like his
dodgy 'children overboard' scandal last time around and that the
information is freely available at any library.

It looks like the NSW state government is planning to follow the US lead
of yanking information from government web sites to push the public
further into the dark.

I think it's a safe bet than the information to go will be anything that
could possibly link the state premier to his dodgy dealings with developers.

Red Wolf

--
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1096124.htm

April 28, 2004

NSW considers limits on govt website

The New South Wales Cabinet committee on counter terrorism will today
consider restricting the range of information available on government
websites.

The move comes after evidence in a court case last week that a man
charged with terrorism offences had used government websites to get
maps, data and satellite images of potential targets.

Premier Bob Carr says the committee will seek to strike a balance
between safeguarding security and maintaining the social benefits of
providing information to the public.

"If there is any way we can meet our counter terrorism demands and
objectives by tightening up, without infringing on the right of the
public to know and the efficiency that comes with that, then we'll look
at it," he said.

--
redwolf at redwolf dot com dot au
www dot redwolf dot com dot au                        ____/\