On 02/05/17 14:05, David Matthews wrote:

> The other option is to build using Msys and Mingw.  In that case you can
> set the subsystem by using the "--disable-windows-gui" option to
> "./configure".  There have been a number of forks of both Msys and Mingw
> and I would recommend the sequence that Chun Tian posted from Isabelle.
> This is based on my experience with various combinations of the
> distributions together with the experience of Makarius.

It is great when people find re-use of the Isabelle packaging.

Recently I have formalized the Poly/ML build process for Isabelle
further, up to the point where "isabelle build_polyml" does everything
on the different platforms.

This administrative tool requires an Isabelle repository clone -- the
official release suppresses that. See also current versions of

http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/45632d594bdb/src/Pure/Admin/build_polyml.scala
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/45632d594bdb/Admin/polyml/README
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/45632d594bdb/Admin/polyml/INSTALL-MinGW
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/45632d594bdb/README_REPOSITORY