On May 9, 2012, at 16:42, Anssi Johansson wrote:

> Hi, 2.pool.ntp.org has supported AAAA records for nearly a year now. Are
> there plans to expand the IPv6 support to the other zones (,0,1,3) as well?
> Perhaps in time for the IPv6 launch day on June 6th?

Yes, I'm considering that.  If anything is holding it up, then it's IPv6
coverage being much more spotty in many countries.  Disproportionally many of
the IPv6 IPs are in a few countries, and then disproportionally many seem to be
at just a few providers.  Another problem with IPv6 is that the IP to country
data is much worse, too.   I don't want to turn on IPv6 and give much worse
service to the early adopters.

For instance Germany has the best coverage at 345/105 servers (v4/v6).  Most
other countries are much worse.  Denmark has 37/3.  Spain 19/2.   Italy 25/1.
Sweden 24/2.  Russia 94/6.  Hungary 64/7.  Ukraine 73/4.  Australia 60/4.
Canada 59/5.   Even Japan are just at 21/3.

Most of the countries with less than a dozen IPv4 servers have zero, one or two
IPv6 servers.

As we get better coverage around the world, we can turn it on.

Ask

--
Ask Bjørn Hansen, http://askask.com/