On Monday 08 January 2007 8:38 pm, bofh wrote:
> data(kbytes)         1048576
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
> real mem = 3219894272 (3144428K)

Nice bug report (i.e. had everything I needed to deduce
the reason), but please post port building problems on
ports@ and/or to maintainer. I easily could have missed your
email due to the signal to noise ratio on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The problem is that the jdk sizes the default memory
usage based on real mem installed in the box so with
systems with lots of real mem it can set the useage
higher then the 1G datasize limit.

I thought I fixed this before but perhaps the fix
was i386 only. I'll look into it again and send a
patch for you to test.

-Kurt