On 2023/02/07 09:28, Edd Barrett wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2023 at 06:35:38PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > It doesn't print though.
>
> That used to annoy me too, until I realised that I can just do (with cups):
>
>  $ lpr doc.pdf

That works if you want the whole file :)

And there are other ways to get subsets, but if you want to open the
pdf, quickly identify the page numbers of interest, and print just
those, the workflow in xpdf 3 is very convenient.

I have no objections to updating textproc/xpdf to 4.x as long as the
existing 3.x is reimported (I'd prefer a different pkgpath and binary
name, e.g. textproc/xpdf3, so the two can coexist easily).