David Uhden Collado writes: > Please find attached a new port for Microsoft Edit 2.0.0: > > editors/msedit > > Microsoft Edit is a terminal text editor developed by Microsoft. It is > inspired by the classic MS-DOS Editor while providing a modern terminal > interface with mouse support, multiple documents, Unicode support, > search and replace, and syntax highlighting.
Happy to see a port for this. > For OpenBSD, the port uses devel/cargo and builds the upstream "edit" > workspace package with the locked Cargo dependency set. I betray my lack of Rust knowledge here, but: why? I don't see any other modcargo ports that add --locked to MODCARGO_BUILD_ARGS. > Edit loads ICU dynamically rather than linking against it directly. > The port therefore uses textproc/icu4c as a runtime dependency and > passes the OpenBSD ICU library paths explicitly. ICU symbol renaming > auto-detection is disabled for the OpenBSD configuration. Rather than adding to RUN_DEPENDS, I think the usual practice for dlopen is to add the library to LIB_DEPENDS, and add an additional WANTLIB line with a comment above it like "# dlopens libicuuc.so/libicui18n.so". > The port is currently restricted to amd64 and arm64. Why?
