On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Valery Masiutsin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On 2008/08/04 16:32, Valery Masiutsin wrote:
>> > Hello.
>> >
>> > What about issues in #2588, #2599, #2620 ?
>>
>> Oh... Are python users supposed to tramp through the tickets just
>> to identify the security problems?
>>
>> It would be nice if there was somewhere official to find these.
>> Like http://www.python.org/news/security/, but actually maintained.
>>
>> > As far as i  see from reading svn log of release25-maint, there are
>> > also so called
>> > "apple security fixes" and  commit related to openbsd fcntl
>> > handling. I've cherrypicked those patches, built python, it passes
>> > make regress, and works fine for me,
>> > is there any point to send the diff, at this point of time ?
>>
>> It might not go into the release, it's pretty late for that now,
>> but you may as well send it along rather than just hold onto it.
>>
> Ok, here it is. I think it could suite as a starting point for
> post-release activity.

It appears that a lot of the work to pick the right patches has been
done in this thread. Has someone familiar with python double checked
Valery's work?

Also extensive testing should be done by those that use it.

It seems like enough people consider it important for the release, so
let's get it done.