On Sat, Jan 05, 2013 at 11:21:10AM +0100, MERIGHI Marcus wrote:
> lan...@rhaalovely.net (Landry Breuil), 2013.01.04 (Fri) 22:50 (CET):
> > What do thunderbird users want for the openbsd port ? rather tracking
> > the 17.0.x release (and 24.0.x release after that..) ? or be a bit
> > adventurous & use the -beta releases which track mozilla/firefox more
> > closely ? Fwiw i use the betas daily, and they work fine.
> > (no i WONT make two separate ports. get real.)
> > I'd love to hear feedback from people who care.
>
> to me it is important that:
> - some add-ons (caldav[1], carddav[2]) work;
> - I use the version I have on my customers ms win machines.
>
> I suppose that means I am in favour of the 17.0.x, 24.0.x path.
>
> [1] lightning
>     http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/lightning/
> [2] SOGo Connector Thunderbird extension
>     http://www.sogo.nu/downloads/frontends.html
>     http://www.sogo.nu/files/downloads/extensions/sogo-connector-17.0.2.xpi

Guess what - i also use extensively caldav/carddav & lightning + sogo
connector. so whichever way it goes, i'll try to ensure that part works :)

That said, by popular demand i think i'll keep the thunderbird port on
the 17.0.x series for the time being. Early adopters/testers will still
be able to pick the next betas from my git repo anyway..

Landry