On 2013-08-28 Wed 08:44 AM |, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> - don't distribute source files in ports
> - your local rcs history is pointless to include in the port

I done this because I thought it was OK to include small files:

ports(7)
        MASTER_SITES Primary sites for distribution files if not found
        locally.

bsd.port.mk(5)
        FILESDIR Location of other files related to the current ports.
        SCRIPTDIR Old location for scripts related to the current port.
        ... use FILESDIR

I also want to give the code away and make it easy for others to improve.

> - don't use NO_CHECKSUM

 + fixed. My mistake as I thought it wasn't needed if not checksumming
 downloaded files.

> - too many PERMIT_* lines

 + fixed, new comment seen in Makefile.template

> - don't have a MESSAGE just pointing people at the readme, pkg_add

 + fixed

> already points people at the readme
> - this is, err, not normal:
>
>         @echo '@mode ${SHAREMODE}\n@group ${SHAREGRP}' >> ${PLIST}