On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:11 PM, Landry Breuil <lan...@rhaalovely.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:05:42PM +0100, viq wrote:
>> Their site says:
>>
>> As part of reducing the number of dependencies, some third party
>> modules are included with SleekXMPP in the thirdparty directory.
>> Imports from this module first try to import an existing installed
>> version before loading the packaged version, when possible.
>>
>> So I guess it would make sense to make hard requirements of the
>> modules it has in there. And maybe even surgically remove that
>> directory to avoid accidents?
>
> That sounds like the sanest idea here.

Started hunting them down, and I start to see why they are just bundled in...
OrderedDict appares to come with python 2.7 so no need to worry about that.
We have a port for py-gnupg, same with py-dateutil.
There's socksipy http://socksipy.sourceforge.net/ which seems to have
not been touched since ca. 2007. There seems to be a somewhat popular
fork/replacement at https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PySocks/ so I will be
preparing a port of that.
And they reference something called StateMachine, which I wasn't able
to find yet.

--
viq