On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas
<j...@wxcvbn.org> wrote:
> viq <vic...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:11 PM, Landry Breuil <lan...@rhaalovely.net>
>> wrote:

>>> That sounds like the sanest idea here.
>>
>> Started hunting them down, and I start to see why they are just bundled in...
>> OrderedDict appares to come with python 2.7 so no need to worry about that.
>> We have a port for py-gnupg, same with py-dateutil.
>> There's socksipy http://socksipy.sourceforge.net/ which seems to have
>> not been touched since ca. 2007. There seems to be a somewhat popular
>> fork/replacement at https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PySocks/ so I will be
>> preparing a port of that.
>> And they reference something called StateMachine, which I wasn't able
>> to find yet.
>
> Then please try to remove everything you can, and test whether it still
> works...
>
> I'll try to provide an update for py-gnupg soon.

Oh gods, this trip starts to become software archeology, if not necromancy.
The socks modules originates from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/socksipy/ - a project last touched in
2006. Fortunately it doesn't seem to complain when replaced with
PySocks which is better maintained.
The gnupg part turns out to not use py-gnupg, but instead uses (of
course modified)
http://pycrypto.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pycrypto/gpg/GPG.py?revision=1.3&view=markup
- yup, last time touched in 2003. Although it seems to live on at
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-gnupg/ - I'll need to have a
closer look. And if it does, it will need a different name...
And yeah, I haven't yet found possible origin of StateMachine.
--
viq