On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 11:35 PM, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas
<j...@wxcvbn.org> wrote:
> viq <vic...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> What do you think about this?
>
> - as I said I'm not sure the py-socks is a drop-in replacement for the
>   socks.py module in sleekxmpp.  I would suggest leaving this part as
>   is, and talk upstream into updating their version and making sure it
>   is compatible.

OK, I'll look into that.

> - typo in DESCR, which is maybe a bit too chatty and weirdly formatted.

Yeah, I pretty much just copied it from their site.

>   What about:
>
>   SleekXMPP attempts to provide a "batteries included" XMPP library, with
>   sensible defaults and support for all XEPs as plugins.  It is featured
>   in examples of the "XMPP: The Definitive Guide" book.

Sure, works for me.

> Also no python3 flavor can be provided as is.

Why is that? The dependenices, or?

> Maybe further work can happen in-tree.

I've also been pushing my changes to
https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip if that's easier.

>  What ports do you need this
> library for?

Technically, none. sysutils/salt can use it to send messages, and I
wanted to use it (by way of
http://sleekxmpp.com/getting_started/sendlogout.html ) as a script to
send me messages because net/sendxmpp does not work with prosody.

--
viq