On 10/11 04:17, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 08 2017, Jeremy Evans <jer...@openbsd.org> wrote:
> > This is a new port for mp3applygain.  When mp3gain was removed and rgain
> > recommended as its replacement, we lost the ability to apply replaygain
> > information directly to mp3 files, which is necessary if you want to
> > have normalized volume for mp3 files in an mp3 player that doesn't
> > handle replaygain information in tags (common in hardware mp3 players).
> > This utility is designed to do that and just that.
> >
> > I forked mp3applygain from mp3gain, and ripped out pretty much all the
> > code, including the insecure mpglib and the replaygain calculation
> > code.  The only code that remains is the code that applies the
> > replaygain to the file. The replaygain info is provided on the
> > command line.  Example use:
> >
> >   mp3applygain 3.85 2 file.mp3
> >
> > For added security, this is pledged "rpath stdio wpath" right after
> > initialization, and "stdio" after the file is opened.  It only
> > operates on a single file per program invocation.
> >
> > OK to import?
>
> A few tweaks:
> - s/Apply/apply in COMMENT
> - license marker ought to be LGPLv2.1+
>
> Looks good to import, though I would suggest to install the README, as
> the usage itself is quite terse. :)

Here's an update to mp3applygain 1.1.0, and also fixes to the COMMENT
and license information.

Instead of installing the README, I wrote a man page, since I think that
would be more helpful.  The other change in 1.1.0 is that it should
compile on !OpenBSD because the pledge(2) calls are in ifdef __OpenBSD__
blocks.

OK?

Thanks,
Jeremy