> There is no "dns bypass". I did not tell you to edit /etc/hosts. I told
> you to run the following command:
>
> host 2.0.0.127.zen.spamhaus.org
>
> in short, connect to your postfix server and in the terminal, type the
> line above, hit "ENTER" and see what the system tells you. "host" is
> similar to "nslookup". Am I clear now?

I know what host or nslookup is. I'm not stupid on that front. It gives
2.0.0.127.zen.spamhaus.org has address 127.0.0.4
2.0.0.127.zen.spamhaus.org has address 127.0.0.2
2.0.0.127.zen.spamhaus.org has address 127.0.0.10

It's just that you said they monitor the number of "dns queries". Now by
bypassing a query for the DNS I can put it locally on my machine so no
queries for the DNS goes out to the net. Whatever I removed the line
from /etc/hosts for testing but it still doesn't seem to work.
> Also, post the output of
>       postconf -n
> Last time you showed it, you did not have zen in your config.

postconf -n doesn't show the zen but I have it in my config.

main.cf ( snippet ):
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
   permit_mynetworks,
   reject_unauth_destination,
   reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
   reject_non_fqdn_sender,
   reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
   reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
   reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,
   permit

Restarterted postfix multiple times. postconf -n still shows no sign of
zen. What gives?
postconf -n ( snippet ):
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,   check_helo_access
hash:/etc/postfix/helo_access,   reject_invalid_helo_hostname,
reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname,   reject_unknown_helo_hostname,   permit
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
permit_sasl_authenticated,permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = no
smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,   check_sender_access
hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access,   reject_non_fqdn_sender,
reject_unknown_sender_domain,   reject_sender_login_mismatch,   permit

--
Yours sincerely
Plüss Roland

Leader and Head Programmer