I learn something every time I read this group, when I can keep up with the conversation!

I had auth on ports I did not need. I use auth on submission port 587, for users access.

I do get a boat load of failed login attempts on 587. Funny how a China, US, Argentina, you name it, hosts, will try the same failed username password at nearly the same time.

Small world.

I use Fail2Ban to block the failed IP. The script writes it into the nftables table immediately.

I think this keeps Postfix waiting and times out, not a big deal. Is there a cli that my bash script could force disconnect the ip from Postfix?

I did search the man page and the docs, sorry if I missed it.

Thanks

--john