On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 08:11 +0100, Clunk Werclick wrote:

> Are you saying that it is not possible to configure it to reject users
> that don't exist at the SMTP level? Are you *sure*? So if you telnet in
> to it and send mail for anyoldrubb...@domain.co.uk it accepts it?
>
> I would be gobsmacked. Surely this is a simple configuration issue ?

It may well be possible, but the default seems to be to accept any user.

Almost all our client's SBS servers (there are about 50 of them) are
managed by non-IT staff, usually just someone in the office who knows
add users, change passwords etc, but little else. So asking them to make
detailed configuration changes is out of the question.

 Steve

--
thorNET
Internet Services, Consultancy & Training