Eero Volotinen wrote:
Lists wrote:
Hi All,

We are doing an upgrade on the machine that holds the postboxes (mailenable) during the upgrade the server will need to be rebooted which renders the boxes unreachable. This causes a 550 error to be sent back to our spam catching server (running MailScanner spamassassin and postfix).

In order to prevent the loss of emails I was going to change the postfix config in the following way

soft_bounce <http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#soft_bounce> = yes

Is this going to achieve what I need (i.e. that 550 responses are not treated as permenant and will try again).

Alternatively I was considering stopping the spam server from sending out emails during the upgrade time but I am unsure how to alter the behaviour of postfix so that it receives in email but will then hold it in queue and not attempt to send on.

Maybe you can tell spam filter postfix to HOLD all mails to your domains and then just remove hold and postsuper -H ALL ?

--
Eero
Yeah I just had a look at the postsuper -h ALL - it only seems to move emails present in the queues at that moment to the hold bin but doesn't put subsequent ones in their. Is there a way for it to keep moving them until the postsuper -r ALL is given?