On 11/12/2009 1:48 PM, Alex wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm still working on the problem you have all been so kind in helping
me with, and have a problem relating to helo_checks. We require a
proper FQDN for the helo, but would like to make an exception for
several IP addresses.

I've added check_helo_access as the first line of my
smtpd_recipient_restrictions and it still doesn't work:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
         check_helo_access hash:/etc/postfix/helo_checks,

helo_checks contains:

192.168.1.99   OK

Yet it is still rejected:

Nov 12 14:40:21 smtp01 postfix/smtpd[8282]: reject: RCPT from
unknown[192.168.1.99]: 504<helostring>: Helo command rejected: need
fully-qualified hostname; from=<ins...@mydomain.com>
to=<outs...@gmail.com>

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Alex

Stop top posting.  Google for the term if you don't understand.

It looks as if you're trying to whitelist the client by IP, so you need check_client_access to check an IP.

As a general rule, access tables should be *below* reject_unauth_destination to prevent accidental open relay.

You have a lot of reading to do.  Start here:

  -- Noel Jones