Brian Mathis wrote:
On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Joe <j...@tmsusa.com> wrote:
Stan Hoeppner wrote:
I've been a
Debian (non-GUI) user for almost 10 years.  I've never touched Ubuntu,
or any other distro.  Debian has always come through for my server
needs, so I've never considered anything else.  Convince me why I should
switch my Postfix server environment from Debian to Ubuntu.  I'm curious
to see how compelling your argument is.

If you're happy with debian then there's no point - but let's turn the
question around: Convince me why I should switch from ubuntu to debian.
Let's see what arguments you have.

Joe

How about you both realize that neither of you has enough information
to make an objective decision, and that any kind of "arguments" you
can come up with has more to do with what you're familiar with than
anything else, and continuing the discussion along these lines only
amounts to a holy war and nothing else.

As for the original question, it all comes down to what you are
comfortable with.  The 2 main runners here are CentOS and Ubuntu.
I've heard good things about Ubuntu but haven't tried it much.

with all due respect - would you please keep this very off topic noise from this usually very informative and helpful mailing list?

If you don't fulfill my plea, I promise that I will claim that postfix runs best under cygwin ...

--
Udo Rader, CTO
http://www.bestsolution.at