Wietse Venema put forth on 12/1/2009 6:17 PM:

> I would not be so quick to dismiss DNS-related problems out of hand
> in scenarios that involve synthetic email messages.

Ok, I follow you now Wietse.  Given the inbound mail load he's
generating, the DNS resolvers in his test environment may not be able to
keep up with the query load generated by the receiving Postfix servers.

Oh, when I was talking about caching earlier, I was referring to caching
done by his resolvers, not by Postfix or the underlying OS.  My
assumption was that if his resolvers were local (likely given a test
environment) that they'd respond faster than in a real world mail
scenario, given that the test clients were likely few in number, thus
less work and/or latency for the resolvers.

--
Stan