Ali Majdzadeh:
> question concerning what Wietse proposed. Does the usage of milter help? I
> mean, is the milter architecture considered as a way to kill spam load
> _before_ piping inbound connections to AS/AV content filter daemons? Or,

Milter is a way to inspect or update message content without making
extra copies of the message. It has some scaling issues 1) it
processes mail before-queue, which some will find a feature and 2)
all requests are handled by one Milter process; the latter may be
addressed by using a third-party multiplexer that spreads requests
across multiple milter process instances.

As a general rule, the earlier you can block mail, the better.  In
some countries, the inbound SMTP session is the only place where
you can block incoming mail, because mail cannot be discarded.
The postscreen program (www.postfix.org/wip.html) takes this a
little further by keeping the bots away from the SMTP server.

Unfortunately, I can't be of much further help here. 1M users is
a thousand times beyond my first-hand experience, and that was
before SPAM became a problem.