On Jan 20, 2010, at 9:28 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 03:22:56PM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
>
>> The broken router then throws away the bytes with higher sequence
>> numbers than 14233.
>>
>> Workaround: turn off window scaling support on the sender's kernel.
>
> This problem is sufficiently common, that on Linux MTAs I always add:
>
>    net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 0
I'm running Solaris 10 x86 and I did

sudo ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_wscale_always 0

before I did this the value was 1. After I did this I flushed the queue but the
messages stay stuck in the queue with the same problem. I'm not sure this is
the right kernel parameter for Solaris?

/etc/system has no specific setting for tcp, so everything is default Solaris
10.

Wietse, the broken router you mentioned, could that be a Cisco PIX on the
receivers site?

Jan 20 22:58:43 stevie.youngguns.nl postfix/smtp[18765]: [ID 197553 mail.info]
8A5553BA0C: enabling PIX workarounds: disable_esmtp delay_dotcrlf for
mx2.amsterdam.nl[145.222.14.10]:25

Thanks,
Martijn