--- In postfix-us...@yahoogroups.com, Wietse Venema <wie...@...> wrote: > >
Jeff Weinberger: > > > > > > Jeff Weinberger: > > > [ Charset UTF-8
unsupported, converting... ] > > > > --- In postfix-us...@yahoogroups.com,
mouss <mouss@> wrote: > > > > > > > > > > Jeff Weinberger a ?crit : > > > >
> > I am hoping that this is something fairly simple that I am > >
missing.... > > > > > > > > > > > > I have a few lists on a mailman server
that I run. Until recently, > > only > > > > > > authenticated users (those
who have actual accounts on my > > IMAP/Virtual > > > > > > mailboxes server
and can authenticate via SASL). Now I want to allow > > > > > > certain
users who are not authenticated (i. e. they are outside my > > > > > >
server and domains) to send mail to those lists. > > > > > > > > > > > > as
far as I can tell, mailman would allow this (I've made them list > > > > > >
owners). But when they try, I'm getting this in my mail log: > > > > > > > >
> > 554 > > > > > > 5.7.1 <mylist@ > > > > > > <mailto:mylist@>>: Relay
access denied; > > > > > > You have not listed the domain in relay_domains,
virtual_alias_domains, > > > virtual_mailbox_domains or mydestination. > > >
> > > Convince yourself and examine the output from: > > > > > > # postconf
relay_domains > > > # postconf virtual_alias_domains > > > # postconf
mailbox_domains > > > # postconf mydestination > > > > > > Wietse > > > > >
> > I did this test prior to posting. You'll see in my postconf -n output
that: > > > > relay_domains = $mydestination, mysql:/etc/postfix/ > >
mysql_relay_domain_maps.cf > > > > I then checked with `postmap -q
"maill...@..." > > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_relay_domain_maps.cf` and it
showed up fine. > > Sorry, that is incorrect. > > As documented, Postfix
searches relay_domains for the DOMAIN NAME > not the email address. >
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relay_domains > > Also, as
documented, relay_domains lookup ignores the result value, > it only cares
about existence. > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relay_domains > >
Finally, as documented, don't use MySQL databases BEFORE you have things >
working with simple main.cf lists or hash tables. >
http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html > > Wietse >

OK, point taken.

I have now, based on your suggestion tested the following:

`postmap -q "maill...@lists.mylistserver.com" mysql:/etc/postfix/
mysql_relay_domain_maps.cf`

and

`postmap -q "lists.mylistserver.com" mysql:/etc/postfix/
mysql_relay_domain_maps.cf`

Both returned successful results.

I tested this extensively with the domains typed in to mail.cf before I
moved to mysql queries, but at your suggestion, I tested this also.

I changed main.cf so the only "relay_domains" entry is:

relay_domains=lists.mylistserver.com

I executed `sudo postfix reload` and the confirmed the setting with
`postconf -n`

The result did not change. I received the same NOQUEUE message in my logs
(it is identical in every character to the one I posted previously, with the
exception of the timestamp).

I suspect you may have other suggestions as to how to address the relay
domain issue, and I would appreciate them, and will do my best to try them.

However, I am coming to believe that the issue is not in the relay domains,
but rather in a sender or recipient restriction.

I believe this because whenever I send to any address within
lists.mylistserver.com from a user who is SASL-authenticated on my server,
the message goes successfully. When I send to any address within
lists.mylistserver.com from any user (address) outside my server (not
authenticated on my server, simply sending to it), this error occurs.

I think in my attempts to ensure tight security on the server, I've
disallowed external senders to lists, but I can't see how exactly.

Any help on the question on how I might be disallowing external senders to
*...@lists.mylistserver.com would be much appreciated.

Thank you.