Jeff Weinberger put forth on 1/28/2010 4:18 PM:

> You've made it clear I'm posting the wrong thing - but I don't know
> what the "right" thing is....

Sorry to but in Wietse.

Jeff, paste all of postconf -n output and obfuscate any sensitive information in
it such as hostnames or IP addresses that you don't want made public here.
Wietse may not know what the "right" thing is until he sees all of postconf -n.
 There are interdependencies between various settings and often problems can't
be identified without seeing the big picture.

If you read the list welcome message and posting instructions you'd see that
"postconf -n" output is a standard requirement here for receiving help.  You are
not being asked to provide anything beyond what everyone else is asked to
provide.  If you want assistance, we need to see the data.  It's that's simple.

Cooperate and everything will work out fine, you'll have a solution.

Best regards.

--
Stan