On 3/17/2010 3:53 PM, Ryan Suarez wrote:
Noel Jones wrote:
On 3/17/2010 3:35 PM, Ryan Suarez wrote:
Greetings,

I would like to reroute mail for all our recipients if a certain header
is present.

Eg. Mail to 'm...@mydomain.org' has the header 'SomeHeader'. I would like
to reroute this email to 'm...@some-server.mydomain.org'.
What is the best way to accomplish this in postfix?

thanks,
Ryan

See http://www.postfix.org/header_checks.5.html and look for the
REDIRECT action. Use it with a header_checks rule something like:

-- Noel Jones

Thanks for the response Noel. It looks like REDIRECT only works with a
specific destination. I would like it to work for all users. Eg.

m...@mydomain.org, header 'MyHeader' ---> m...@foo.mydomain.org
y...@mydomain.org, header 'MyHeader' ---> y...@foo.mydomain.org
u...@mydomain.org, header 'MyHeader' ---> u...@foo.mydomain.org

Does an entry in header_checks need to be defined for each recipient? If
so, it wouldn't be feasible due to the number of addresses we have.
Is there another way to accomplish this?

regards,
Ryan

The header_checks REDIRECT action works as described in the man page, ie. it examines one header and will redirect to a single recipient.

If that doesn't suit your needs, please describe in detail the problem you are trying to solve, maybe there is a solution.

  -- Noel Jones