On 14/10/2011 08:13, Peter wrote:

...and when someone comes into the #postfix IRC channel (like they did
earlier today) seeking help because they read that last sentence in the
docs and thought, "I have a dedicated server, I should set that to
'enforce'." and I looked at that section of the docs and thought, "yes,
that sentence is confusing", then it should be changed to be clarified
or removed altogether (I don't actually think it will detract from those
docs to remove it, but it will certainly avoid this confusion).

FWIW, I agree with Peter here. The documentation should avoid using terminology where the contemporary meaning is significantly different to the traditional meaning, otherwise there will always be scope for misunderstanding.

I'd rewrite that last sentence to "This option should only be used on mail servers which only provide outbound relaying to the Internet and do not accept mail from the public Internet at all".

Mark
--
 Sent from my Babbage Difference Engine
 http://mark.goodge.co.uk