On 10/26/2011 02:09 PM, Noel Jones wrote:
> The postfix database interface is a general-purpose mechanism, not
> an LDAP interface.  In the case of relay_recipient_maps, the
> requirement is that a result must be returned, but the value is not
> used.  As long as a lookup returns anything, the user is considered
> valid.

It depends how you understand "lookup returns". It may be:

a) 0 DN's, 0 attrs
b) 1 DN's, 0 attrs
c) 1 DN's, 1 or more attrs
d) many DN's, 0 attrs
e) many DN's, 1 or more attrs

You talk about option c only. maybe  e will be ok from your point of
view. Option b is also successful result. It returns DN, which match
query_filter with attrs="1.1" (or no attrs requested).

Why option(s) c (and probably e) suites, when b (and probably d) not?

>From my point of view, option a only may result "lookup failed" while
other options - "lookup returned something". Am I not correct?
--
Pagarbiai,
Nerijus Kislauskas