On 12/23/2012 7:38 PM, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've implemented postscreen with postfix-2.9.4 on fc17 and it is
> rejecting mail from alice.it and libero.it, which are apparently two
> ISPs in Italy. We receive a large number of messages that are rejected
> due to postscreen, but now we have one email address from each domain
> that we need to allow the ability to send to us.
>
> Is there no alternative to creating a postscreen access list that
> permits mail from the /24 for these domains just for these two users,
> then let spamassassin filter the junk? I'd also then have to whitelist
> the users in spamassassin as well.
>
> It also looks like mail originates from IPs other than those listed as
> an MX record for alice.it, so I'm not even sure what the range would
> be for the postscreen permit rules.

As always it would be helpful if you provided Postfix logging of these
rejections so we can see what is actually happening.  At this point we
don't know if it's the postscreen bot detection that's causing the
rejections, or the dnsbls you have configured in postscreen that are
causing the rejections.  The proper fix to your problem may be different
depending on the which is causing the rejections.

--
Stan