On 27.03.2014 16:09, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> On 27/3/2014 5:04 μμ, Robert Sander wrote:
>
>> You do not need A records, but you can instead add MX records with
>> priority. This way your use case is implemented.
>
> No, these are not MXs. They are internal (final destination) servers.
> MXs are gateway servers relaying to the internal one (for which we are
> trying to setup failover).

I know that they are not "official" MX. The whole point is that you
create an internal domain name with two MX records pointing to these
servers. This is then used in your transport map and nowhere else.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,