On 02/23/2015 12:22 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Postfix builds out of the box with EAI, provided that you FIRST
> install the packages as described in SMTPUTF8_README.

I did install libicu-devel as per the SMTPUTF8_README before the
attempted build.

> I tested this on Fedora Core 20 and Ubuntu 14.04, without screwing
> around in the source code.
>
> I suggest that you get yourself a clean Postfix source code without
> your changes, and then build it.

I did test this with clean unpatched source before I reported the issue.

On 02/23/2015 12:12 PM, Andrew Ho wrote:> The default of 64bit libraries
of redhat families are in /usr/lib64,
>   eg. /usr/lib64/libicuuc.so.
>
> You have to patch the makedefs file for EAI compile in.

Looking at makedefs I can see this is true, it is hard-coded to check in
/usr/lib.  I can patch this myself but it would be nice to have this
modified to check /usr/lib64 as well, or maybe allow some variable to
passed in with /usr/lib64 to override /usr/lib?

Peter