> >> The setup works if I am loged in to the system, e.g. by imap through
> >> mail2web. Then I can send mail from my server to the world or between
> >> mailboxes on the server.

Sending mail *FROM* your server to the world means that the recipient
is in some other domain, not yours.  You said it, not I.

--
Yes and this works. This is not an issue. Which I also said.

> >> Sending mail to the server from the world outside results in 5.1.1
> >> <xxxx@xxxx>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay
> >> recipient table.

Sending mail from outside *TO* your server, means that the recipient
is in your domain, not someone else's.  You said it, not I.

--
Yes I am completely aware of this.
If I send mail from my laptop (using mail address a) to mail address b

However if I am logged into the problem server using imap then sending
mail from mail address c (on the problem server) which is in a domain
I am authorative to mail address b works - meaning it can actually
resolve the address and am able to find the address in the recipient
table.

/Martin S

--
Regards,