also sprach Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-us...@dukhovni.org> [2015-11-14 05:43
+1300]:
> > I am doing greylisting in smtpd_client_restrictions and later
> > a policy server check in smtpd_recipient_restrictions (postconf
> > included below). smtpd_delay_reject is on (the default).
>
> Greylisting typically generates a "defer_if_permit" verdict.

You are absolutely correct: postgrey returns DEFER_IF_PERMIT by
default. I was looking in the wrong place(s) and didn't consider
that the protocol between postfix and postgrey was more than just
black'n'white.

> >   postgrey[27226]: action=greylist, reason=new, client_name=unknown,
> >     client_address=120.28.68.66, sender=reconnoitering...@bk.ru,
> >     recipient=new-...@pobox.madduck.net
>
> Replies with "defer_if_permit".

Could you discern this from the message or did you just know that
postgrey does this by default and assumed I didn't change that?

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

"everyone smiles as you drift past the flower
 that grows so incredibly high."
                                                        -- the beatles

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net