On 11/13/15 14:17, Istvan Prosinger wrote:
> I got two options that I know of. Signifficantly shortening the queue
> lifetime, or (not) losing the queue from the RAM disk.
> Just trying to measure which is worse (or to hear something new for me)

If you lack disk space for the queue, the server instance isn't up to
the job in the first place.

If you really think that keeping the queue in RAM is a better option
than on disk, despite that you probably have far more disk than RAM,
consider using a tmpfs instead of a RAMdisk, with the size of the tmpfs
capped at the size RAMdisk you were plannind.  A RAMdisk will use all of
that RAM all of the time, whether needed for queued mail or not.  A
tmpfs will consume only as much RAM at any given time as it needs right
then.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications