On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 07:27:37PM -0700, Michael Fox wrote:

> > Only the documented behavior is supported. That means that bugs are
> > fixed, backwards compatibility is maintained as Postfix evolves.
>
> You skipped over the apparent discrepancy that I pointed out.  I'll try to
> word it differently:

Entrapment via sophistry is rather poor taste, ineffective and
annoying.  While the text could/should be more clear, it reads:

    The general format of the main.cf file is as follows:

        Each logical line is in the form "parameter = value". Whitespace
        around the "=" is ignored, as is whitespace at the end of a
        logical line.

This does not restrict "parameter" to just the predefined ones.
While it is possible that a small minority of features are
under-documented, the general principle stands.  If it is not
documented, it is not supported.

While there may be a documentation bug in a few corner cases, major
design elements (such as potential support for "include" files
would be) are never undocumented.

--
        Viktor.